Grate Expectations offer a wide range of Chimney systems to suit your wood burning, multi-fuel or gas stove or fire installations. Read further information about Flexible Chimney Liners, Twin Wall Insulated Flue Systems, Balanced Flue Systems and Chimney Fan Systems.
Flexible Chimney Liners
In grade 316L or 904L, STARFLEX is a double skin, smooth bore stainless steel flexible multi-fuel flue liner. This range is perfect for the renovation of existing masonry chimneys with offsets, for multi-fuel and wood burning stoves.
With old brick-built chimneys over the years the condition of the brick work will become warn and damaged through use and weathering. When the original lining of the old flue becomes unsound, the particles of the combustion and toxic fumes can leak from the flue into the neighbouring flues and other parts of the home.
It is available in 4 diameters (Ø125, Ø150, Ø180 & Ø200)
• Incredibly strong an extremely flexible.
• Quick and easy to install with no mess.
• Low resistance to flow.
• High resistance to corrosion.
• Wide range of accessories i.e. Cowls, Register Plate, Adjustable Elbows, brackets & supports
A chimney sweep or smoke test can be carried out to investigate the condition of a flue, we always ensure that a chimney has been inspected and certified before any appliance is installed by us, and if you would like us to carry out the full service of checking your chimney and fitting your fireplace we are more than happy to do so. The only thing you have to worry about is what fireplace to choose!
Twin wall Insulated Flue Systems
30mm insulated twin wall multi-fuel system chimney
THERMINOX is a high quality, multi-fuel, stainless steel twin wall insulated chimney system. It is designed for use with all solid fuel, wood, coal, gas, oil and pellet heating appliances.
Available as TI with a bright polished stainless steel outer case and for internal use our ZI has a galvanised steel outer casing.
• It is available in 6 diameters (Ø100, Ø130, Ø150, Ø180, Ø200 & Ø250).
• Exceptional thermal properties that guarantees a true 50 mm clearance to combustible materials at 1000°C.
• Solid Fire-Stop Plate at ceiling level in the room of the appliance.
• The easy push-fit joint being fully insulated ensures no hot spots.
• Every component is supplied with a recessed Locking Band and a safety ring that guarantees the security of the joint for life.
• Quick and easy to install.
• Wide range of accessories i.e. Terminals, adjustable lengths, elbows, tees, brackets & supports.
Balanced Flue Systems
Concentric flue system for balanced gas fires
Balanced Flue systems are a 316L stainless steel concentric flue designed for gas fired room-sealed appliances.
It brings the combustion air in and also evacuates the smoke. It can also be used as a conventional gas vent
Mainly suitable for new built market and can terminate vertically through the roof or horizontally through the wall. With our specially designed Renovation Kit you can easily connect this concentric chimney system to an existing chimney lined with Gas Flex liner.
It is available in 3 diameters
(Ø60/100 DRU Power vent System only)
(Ø100/150 & Ø130/200).
- Allows the use of a room-sealed gas fire which promotes lower fuel use and therefore lower cost of fuel and a much higher heat output.
- Adaptor solution made exclusively for each appliance manufacturer to ensure a perfect sealed fit.
- High quality product
- Easily meets regulation requirements
- Quick and easy to install.
- Wide range of accessories i.e. Terminals, adjustable lengths, elbows, tees, brackets & supports.
Chimney Fan Systems
Electrical powered mechanical chimney fan
A Chimney Fan is the ideal solution when a naturally self-venting chimney or flue is impossible or difficult to achieve. It is designed to be used for every fuel type and can be fixed to all types of chimney in new installation or renovation applications.
Chimney fans can be supplied with all the necessary accessories and controls to guarantee the correct chimney draught.
Chimney fans are available in various sizes and capacities to meet the diverse needs of both private homes and large industrial plants.
• Suitable for all fuels
• Full range of accessories
• Easy maintenance
• Quick and easy to install.
FuranFlex® Chimney Liner
FuranFlex® is the only method, by which chimneys of any shape, dimension and length can be lined with joint-free airtight liner of steel hardness composite material that is resistant to corrosion, flames and heat.
The FuranFlex® tube is lined in the chimney yet in its soft state, whereas being inflated by steam, it takes the shape of the chimney and by the effect of the heat it gets irreversibly hardened to form a heat and corrosion resistant composite liner of steel hardness.
The advantages of the FuranFlex® Chimney Liner are:
- No demolishing required and living spaces remain clean during the chimney lining works
- Lining the chimney only takes a few hours and it can be applied at all types of chimneys up to 100 m height and 120 cm diameter
- The inner surface is smooth and the insulating capacity helps fires operate economically
- It does not corrode and a 25 year guarantee is provided for corrosion damages
Find out more about our expert flue installation services
Contact the Grate Expectations team using the form on this page to find out more about our installation services.
Or call our showroom to speak to one of our experts on 020 8540 8387.
An error occurred submitting the form. Please try again.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA validation.
Thanks for contacting Grate Expectations
One of our expert advisors will contact you shortly.