Warehouse Assistant Manager
Permanent / Full Time / DOE:
Hours: Monday – Friday (with some weekend flexibility) 07:30 – 16:30
Function and Responsibilities:
An Assistant Manager to work alongside with the Installation Manager / Director to learn all aspects of the role. They need to share and maintain the work load allowing the installation Manager / Director can oversea but not get caught up in the correspondence and day to day management of the ongoing residential projects. Someone who is potentially qualified/experienced in health and safety that can produce and manage our RAMS and HSE for commercial works. Someone who can make decisions and take responsibility for the day to day tasks of completing the works to a high standard and ensuring works are communicated well throughout from start to finish.
Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience at a trade desk, warehouse, that would have had experience of handling deliveries and logistics management.
• Understand complexed product parts and an understanding of the building trade industry. (for example, a plumbing centre would have a complexed stock with lots of compatible and incompatible parts that they would need to be aware of)
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office
• Previous experience using a POS system
• Strong people skills; verbal communication is essential and they need to be proactive with an instinct to want to solve problems. An attitude to get things done and not reply on the next person to sort out the problem. Needs to be very proactive and use own initiative.
• Self-motivated, and enjoy their work and like to be kept busy.
• Strong customer service skills and be willing to do the extra work needed to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Punctual prompt and clear in instruction but never rude, informative and direct but not abrupt.
• Prepared to learn all the time, we need them to develop into a fireplace specialist and learn the trade inside out and want to help us grow the business and not just turn up for a standard job.
• Take pride in their work and be prepared to work well as a member of a team.
Education and Training Required:
• Full clean driving license required
• IPAF License / Course desired
• CAD experience preferred but not essential
• Qualified in RAMS & HSE
• Qualified in H&S