Technical Sales Advisor / Administrator
Permanent / Full Time / DOE
Hours: Monday – Saturday 09:00 – 17:30 (with 1 day off in the week)
Responsible for maintaining product sales activities and providing excellent technical customer service.
We require someone who is strong in sales with excellent people skills. To help ensure we can make the most of the traffic that comes through our showroom. They will work alongside with another X1 full time Technical Sales Advisor / Administrator AND x2 senior part time Technical Sales Advisors / Administrators. They need to take direction from both senior P/T employees and be able to work alongside our relaxed Rota system allowing them to focus on the growing commercial tenders and consultancy based work.
Working closely with the other full-time member of staff on mainly residential orders, ensuring phones, showroom visits and email enquiries are handled to the highest standards and managed throughout from estimate, post survey, quote, follow up and orders. This will mean ensuring estimates are correct and accurate, technical information provided is clear, informative and correct.
Following up the right jobs to ensure we get the ones we prefer, processing orders as thoroughly as possible.
Organisation and communication is extremely essential as this role is set within a high-end retail environment.
• Assist and support customers with product selection in a showroom setting.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Provide customer support from first visit to completion of work.
• Assist with literature room to make sure it is stocked and organised.
• Provide sales support for outside sales team.
• Provide quotes and complete orders when necessary.
• Assist team with administrative projects.
• Communicate with scheduling and installation teams to ensure customer service levels.
• Assist with incoming phone calls, answering customer questions, and scheduling service calls.
• Review open orders
• Work with department to ensure pricing and costs are updated
• Keep showroom displays current and organised.
• Additional sales and admin duties as assigned by management.
• Basic Invoicing and accounting skills work.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Previous sales experience within a retail / trade environment preferred
• Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to prioritise workload and effectively work with little supervision.
Education and Training:
• Previous experience in a retail or fast paced environment.
• Sales and/or design experience preferred.
• Customer service background is a plus.
• CAD experience preferred but not essential
• Clean driving license